THE ADVANCED BOARD EXAM
Although 800-hour certification (completion of the Jivamukti Teacher Apprenticeship Program) is not required to appear before the Review Board, it is strongly recommended. In addition, it is highly recommended that candidates accumulate at least 2 years of teaching experience and 4 years of asana practice experience before appearing before the Review Board. The Board Exam is carried out at Jivamukti Yoga® centers worldwide on an as-needed basis. The Exam covers teaching skills, asana practice skills, yoga philosophy and terms, Sanskrit language, anatomy and other relevant topics through practical, interview and written components.
WHY TAKE THE BOARD EXAM?
- To be qualified to serve as a mentor at the Jivamukti Yoga® 300 Hour Residential Teacher Training
- To be qualified to serve as a mentor in the Jivamukti Yoga® Teacher Apprenticeship Program (also referred to as the 800-Hour Certification Program) offered at all Jivamukti Yoga® Schools and Centers
- To be qualified to serve on the Advanced Certification Review Board
- To be qualified to apply to operate a Jivamukti Yoga® Center (subject to all the legal limitations and franchise regulations of Jivamukti Incorporated)
- To advertise and list oneself as an Advanced Certified Jivamukti Yoga® Teacher